Tuesday, September 30, 2008

sugar free me, week 6

I'm down 9 pounds and am really starting to see a difference. Hit a bit of a plateau, I think due to my strength training. I've been through this before where the numbers go up or stay the same temporarily as I get stronger, then really start to go down. But still... I like to see downward trends! But my clothes are loose and I can see a difference in my face, and I feel fantastic. The sugar stuff is not really a temptation anymore. I think my taste buds have recalibrated or something, because my afternoon yogurt tastes insanely sweet to me now.

Anyway, I am excited to report that I have started running again, which I love. Two friends from work invited me on their Wednesday and Saturday runs, and it's the perfect motivation to get out there. Weather is lovely for it. Ran 30 minutes Saturday, getting stronger in all the right places.

We've also been keeping up with the hundred pushups training. It's actually pretty easy to do, and takes surprisingly little time. I'm now up to where I can do 20 consecutive pushups. Girl style, of course. I'm not going to report Stephen's progress, he can do that himself if he likes, but needless to say, he is rocking and rolling - does old-school pushups and beats me every time.

Felicia, this one's for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5LJxSHNArM

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Love it!

After I can do 100 push-ups, I'll start chopping down trees with my bare hands! :D

PnAnK said...

Wow! They sure do like to bust up cement blocks. Can you do that yet? That was awesome!