Wednesday, September 10, 2008

stuff I like: dvd edition

How have I missed this show for so long? Just watched season 1 on dvd. Much as I am not into most reality shows, this show rocks. At least the first season anyway. Usually these kinds of shows just go straight to the histrionics, which to me is so boring. Reality tv: you had me at Survivor I (although I kept wanting to see some actual survival skills), you lost me at Road Rules, the Real World #672, and Road Rules vs Real World, etc.

But along comes Project Runway, and I absolutely love it. There is of course the personal drama element that seems to be a requisite of the genre, but what I really like about it is seeing the creative process. Yes, it is abbreviated, but I love watching them get the challenges, then imagining what I would do with it, and how it all turns out. So interesting to see the different interpretations. Am I just an art student craving an assignment or what?

I'm totally inspired to try sewing something, even though my training is limited to 7th grade home economics and the stuffed kayak I made for my neice.

No comments: