Monday, September 22, 2008

Ike and Ayn

So the hurricane came and went. Stephen's family was without power for a full week. Eleven of them came up to Dallas, and the upside (for us) was that we got to spend some time with them. Stella got lots of Nana time, which she loved. Of course for them, the upside was that their houses were still standing and pretty much undamaged. They had no power or water after the storm, and communications were very spotty, so we were extremely relieved to see their faces.

Stella is changing so quickly - she is now able to reach and grab things, and consequently objects are now fascinating. We have hit the toy time, people. And as much as I would like to emulate the Ayn Rand School for Tots, she really enjoys them. Shreiks with delight and everything, it is quite a sight.

Did my first training set of the hundred pushups thing, my max was 11. On we go.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Initial Test: 17 girlie style, much better than I expected also! Most of my exercise is from cycling, so this is a new adventure! :)

Man, 17 is a long ways away from 100! Can't we just do this in the movies, you know, like fade to black, 30 second montage of training and at the end we bust out 100 like it's nothing! Of course the music from Karate Kid will have to be playing in the background -- "You're the best around! Nothing's ever gunna keep you down!"

I know I'm going to let this youtube video play on my computer when I bust out my push-ups tomorrow. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo