Monday, September 22, 2008

stuff i like: movie edition

Burn After Reading. I have loved those Coen brothers ever since my dad took me to see Barton Fink at Trolley Square... long ago. I liked this, thought Brad Pitt was sort of brilliant. Actually his hairstyle was especially brilliant. Skunky and perfectly, if misguidedly, coiffed, that hair (along with Silvio's from the Sopranos) deserves a Best Supporting Actor nod.

I love movies that can surprise you. There is a certain scene that I definitely did not see coming, I won't say which one, but if you have seen the movie you know what I am talking about. How do you classify a movie like this??? I don't think you can, which earns some points in my book. Also I have to mention that I found myself questioning the George Clooney/Frances MacDormand romance - somehow I have bought into all the programming from other movies that tells me that a guy like George should be paired with some young hottie. And actually, those two are probably around the same age, and in real life you wouldn't question the match at all. Interesting...

No comments: