Thursday, February 10, 2011

more to remember

Stella loves to role play. "You be Stella, I'm Momma" etc. I love how whenever she is being me, she puts the most serene smile on her face. I'm sure I don't really look like that but I like to think she is showing me that she feels the love. She also talks so sweetly, "aw, hi honey..."


This has to be my favorite role play exchange (I overheard):
    Stella: Daddy, I want a cupcake. 
    Stephen: No, honey, cupcakes are for later. 
    Stella: Wait - you're Stella and I'm Daddy. 
    Stephen (playing along): Ok. Hi, Daddy. 
    Stella (sweetly): Honey, do you want a cupcake?

She's getting clever! When she's playing Daddy she tries to pick Stephen up. "You're getting so big!"

I was starting to think she was not particularly imaginative. Her dolls were named baby doll, baby boy, and baby girl. And then we met Flowerpot! Flowerpot is by far her favorite. This week we met her imaginary friend Tito. (I like to think it's Tito Jackson or Tito Puente.) We do know he has no mommy and periodically stops by her friend Jackson's house. Stella and Jackson also have a puppy together (an old balloon on a string). They take very good care of it - when we were leaving Jackson's house I told her the puppy had to stay there, and she turned to Jackson and made sure he would feed it. I heard reports later that Jackson did indeed take excellent care of the puppy.

What else... I know there is so much I will forget! The other day I offered her strawberries and she told me she likes them when they are not cold. I said "I agree!" because I too am a connoisseur of room-temperature fruit and she said, "no, momma, you're not a gree. you're a momma."

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Catching up on reading posts! I am in love with your theme of "things to remember" because they all make me laugh! They also make me wish we lived closer!