Thursday, February 3, 2011

stella names that tune

Stella has a habit of renaming her favorite songs. Stephen had the bad luck to be in the car with her the other day and she wanted to hear "the shooby dooby song". He was totally stumped.
So for reference of anyone who may be on a long car ride with my daughter, here are some of her favorite songs and their real names:

The Princess Song:
"Gloria a Te, Cristo Gesu" by Andrea Bocelli. It does have a lot of fanfare.

The Shooby Dooby Song:
"Pennies From Heaven" by Louis Prima

Happy Birthday Baby song:
"Happy Birthday" by the Ting Tings. This one does make sense.

The Sunshine Song:
"Rhythm of Love" by Plain White Ts

The Sing Song:
not sure who sings it, but we all love this one!

The Stella Song:
"Want You Back" by the Jackson 5

The Aunt Becca Song:
"Seven" by Fever Ray. I think she thinks my sister sings this song.

The Hey Hey Hey Song:
"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jess! I am belatedly responding to your gorgeous baby announcement, since I
missed you at NAB. I'd love to hear your take on that, btw. I adore your blog and your beautiful family. Carrie-Leigh

Jessica said...

Carrie-Leigh, let's do chat sometime soon. Missed you at the meeting!