Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be an American

Although I didn't vote for President-elect Obama, I am as proud today to be an American as I was when President Bush was elected. It's simple to me, the man in the oval office does not make this country great, it is the people that embrace the simple, but often uncommon princles of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Niether party has a monopoly on the truth of these principles, simply different paths.

I was listening to NPR this morning and a leader in Africa was offering his congratulations to the American people for the peaceful election of Obama. I actually chuckled with joy upon hearing this. In this country people do not die in the streets because their guy didn't win. People may sob a bit, they may be a bit frightened of the change, some may even wear black in protest, but we still live free.

So good luck to President elect Obama, and thank God the Dems don't have a super majority!

No comments: