Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I WON!!!

I can't believe it, as of last week I was pretty sure I was not going to make it, the gap between the leader and I moved from .11% to .4%. But then I did some algebra and figured I might as well take the shot. In the end I was at 7.92% lost, and second place was something like 7.86%. So it was very close. I did not actually sabotage anyone. Ok, I did do the secret-admirer-has-sent-you-your-favorite-candy-bar thing, and walk through the office with a plate of hot cookies. But that was all in good fun. And the cookies were way more tempting for me, I had to live with them. Seems like I've been baking cookies all week - that has been hard to resist. So anyway, over the weekend I thought I should at least play this thing out down to the wire. So no salt for me on Monday, worked out Tuesday morning and got in the sauna, started thinking crazy thoughts like "would I weigh less if I got a haircut?" and actually (literally) weighed my clothing options Tuesday morning. High noon was the finale.

I've actually lost more than 7.92% of my body weight, since I started before the competition. I shall not post my actual percentage for fear that someone might do the algebra and figure out either my present or starting weight. :) But I am down 35 pounds total. And now, up $700. YEAH!

7 comments:

Rose said...

Woooo Hoooo! Good for you!

Crazy May Days said...

yay!!! Congrats!!! A hard earned shopping spree if you ask me!

Felicia said...

Awesome! Such hard work and such a sweet payoff! :)

Cyn said...

That is so cool! Congradulations!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!! The cookie thing was EEEvil, but otherwise you are my total hero.

PnAnK said...

YAHOO! Way to go Jess! I am so proud of you! Yet, at the same time so unsurprised by your win. Of course you would win! I've never met anyone with more determination. Congratulations! You rule!

Kim said...

You rule. Impressive I must say.