Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I like to think it was my car sticker that put him over the top

Even though Stephen cancelled out my vote (as usual, at least this year he didn't actively try to steal it), I am thrilled beyond measure that Obama won. I may look back on this one day with embarassment at my overt jubilation, but for today, I want to document this. A new day is dawning. I am proud of our country today.
It is the exact opposite of four years ago - when I just lay on our bed and sobbed. I was so heartbroken, but today my faith is restored. I think good things are coming.
There may be some policy points on which the candidate and I disagreed, but I trust this man to be a thoughtful, intellectual, open-minded and reasonable president. Someone cool in a crisis, who listens to all sides and seeks out opposing points of view. I don't want to elect someone to have a beer with. I want a leader, and I think we got the right guy.
My cousin Linsey was in Grant Park last night in Chicago. It must have felt like the center of the world. I am so jealous - Stephen and I both would have loved to have been there. What an amazing moment in time. I feel like celebrating!

No comments: