Thursday, July 10, 2008

ok, maybe he wasn't exactly a nobel laureate, but still...

Stella and I were in the grocery store the other night, and one of the guys working at the store gave us a friendly hello, how are you doing, etc. We are in Texas, after all, this is not uncommon. Stella was especially mellow, just looking around at everything and taking it all in.
Man at store, looking at Stella: "Is that a boy baby or a girl baby?" (you get this a lot with an orange car seat...)
Me: "a girl"
Man at store: "Wow, she is really smart!"
Me: "Thanks!"

So here I am so proud that my daughter's intellect shows through, even in infancy, to the point where strangers can see it. Then the guy came back with a pint of strawberry flavored milk.

Man: "Can she have some of this?"
Me: "No, she can't, but thank you."
Man: "Really? Isn't this good for babies? It's milk? And strawberry? And pink, and she's a girl?"
Me: "Yeah, but babies aren't supposed to have that stuff yet."
Man, thoughtfully: "Oh. I thought they could have it. I got to learn about babies."

So... yeah. Still, a compliment is a compliment, I will take them where I can...

No comments: