Sunday, July 6, 2008

he must think i'm a pacifist...

The other night I was having a hard time, sort of wimpering and crying a bit (pain and downheartedness from mastitis, a condition I would not wish on my worst enemy). Stephen was taking good care of me and got up to turn off the ceiling fan and promptly tripped once more over Stella's bouncy seat. (What is with that thing? We must trip over it seven times a day. I think he may have actually broken his toe on this one.) I looked down at Stella and explained to her that we were all having a hard time that night. Then I looked up and Stephen was holding a pacifier up to my mouth and looking at me expectantly. I just looked at him like "?". He was like, "oh, right..." and gave it to Stella.
Poor thing had two babies to take care of. Luckily a good laugh sure can make you feel better.

1 comment:

PnAnK said...

I love this! I can picture the entire scene perfectly! Thanks for the chuckle!