Monday, August 25, 2008

not into the bar scene

Some good friends of ours moved out of town last weekend, and had a last hurrah at one of our pre-baby hangouts. It's an Irish pub with a big open patio in the back. We thought we would stop in and wish them well, and bring the bambina since we would not be there long. We've been many times where people have brought their kids, since the patio is outside and all. But as soon as I crossed the threshold, I knew I had made a huge mistake. Stella started crying instantly, unprepared for such loud Johnny Cash. And of course I can't make it more than 10 yards without running into someone I work with. I'm all "Oh yeah, hi, I'm the woman who brings her baby to a bar..."

It felt awful, we hightailed it out of there. It's weird how much things change with a little one. It was just all wrong.

No comments: