Sunday, June 22, 2008

a few of my favorite things...

There is a mind-blowing array of baby products out there. Most of the time, I can say with confidence that I don't need something, foolishly thinking that I will never encounter that particular situation. However, like all new parents, hardly a day goes by where I don't have the opportunity to eat my words.

Three things people told me I needed that I don't (yet anyway):
1. wipes warmer (???)
2. bottle warmer - we have trained Stella to like her meals at room temperature or even chilled. we live in a place with hot summers, and i just can't see giving warm bottles in july.
3. diaper genie - I find that a small wastebasket, emptied frequently, works just fine. so far, anyway...

Three things that genuinely make life better and easier:
1. the sling. we have a maya wrap tnd on many occasions it has been a sanity saver. just put her in it and start walking around; baby is asleep in less than three minutes.
2. the little baby straightjacket. it may sound barbaric, but it really helps her sleep better. like swaddling her in a blanket - but taken a step further with the addition of velcro. yay velcro!!
3. the bouncy seat. i can bounce her with one foot while i read or do something else. yay for bouncing!

No comments: