Monday, June 9, 2008

baby's first karaoke, mom's first trek

Judy and her boyfriend Josh are visiting, so Stella has gotten lots of "firsts". Saturday evening she got her first karaoke night. We didn't stay long but it was fun, almost everyone in our group got up and did something. Chris opened the night with Ah-ha's "Take on me" - brave man. Judy followed with "I touch myself". Josh did "Fulsom Prison Blues" and Wes did "need you tonight" by inxs. There were many more but I can't remember them at the moment. We left before my song came up, and Stella will just have to save her "midnight train to georgia" for next time. we didn't want to overdo her. she did great though, really likes music.

Then on Sunday we went to the pool to hang out and have pizza. We brought the bouncy seat and kept the baby in the shade, she seemed to enjoy being outside and looking at all the new things.

Saturday morning Judy, Josh, Wes and I went on a long bike ride - 20 miles. We started at my house, rode to White Rock Lake, around the lake and back home. Everyone did great and I am glad to know I can still do that sort of thing. I think I am probably banned from picking the break spot from now on though - we were going to stop at the halfway mark for an apple break, but I was thinking there was a great spot "just a little further" - ended up stopping about 3/4 the way through. Also in my haste to get us out the door before it got too hot, I neglected to put sunscreen on anywhere but my face. Of course we were gone three hours in the hottest part of the day, and I have the lines to prove it. Oh well. At least if someone mentions the sunburn, I can mention the 20 mile bike ride. I won't be mentioning the awful chills I am getting from the sunburn, or the pitiful bedtime tears... luckily I have a very patient husband who takes good care of me.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Poor thing! Sunburn bites- try Benedryl at night. Sorry we missed out on Kareoke- sounds so fun! Can't wait to see you again. Hugs!