Tuesday, April 8, 2008

tick, tick, tick...

The countdown is on. Today I am 38 weeks and 1 day. Baby could come at any time now. Trying to find a balance between "stay active to help labor come on" and "stay rested in case labor comes on". Got to have a bike ride on Saturday which was AWESOME. Sweet spring air, sunny sky and cool breeze, especially on a bike. My friend Wes thinks the baby will be predisposed to techno music after living with my strong heartbeat all these months...

Dr. says we are looking at a 95% chance of a c-section, but we're going to let the baby get the party started. So hopefully I will just go into labor sometime in the next two weeks, then if things don't progress we will switch to a c-section. Turns out my cervix is backward, my pelvis is tiny (despite my ample hips), and the baby's head measurements are off the chart. Literally. At last week's sonogram, they did the measurements and the computer was like "does not compute!" Even with a tiny baby we would be looking at a difficult exit to this building, architecturally speaking. So my Dr. allows for the possibility for a miracle, which I suppose is a good quality in a physician, but we are preparing for a c-section. Truly I am happy with anything that gets this baby out safely!

1 comment:

asj said...

my ella was also very large on the ultrasound. she wasn't quite as large in reality. i've heard those measurements can go either way, so don't get too worked up about. sounds like your doc's got a square head on his/her shoulders. best of luck! it will be wonderful to hold her, no matter how she arrives.