Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stella the fish

It has been far too long since I posted an update about my sweet baby girl. She turned 2 in April and has such a fun personality.
She loves to dance, jump and play in the pool. We started swimming lessons this summer and she is doing great. She jumps to you from the side, blows bubbles and even goes underwater for short bits. I was thrilled last week in lessons when she actually swam - ok, "swam" - to the wall. The teacher had me stand about 5 feet from the wall, hold her hips and 1-2-3, launch her forward. She floundered more than she technically swam, but she made it and said "do again?" so I was thrilled! In the fall she'll be able to start classes without me - it will be good to build her water skills, especially for next summer when I will have two little tadpoles...
What else... she is singing, all the time, real songs and ones she makes up herself. She is addicted to pretty dresses and apple juice. She gets so excited if I wear a dress too, and notices when I do my hair. Sadly this does not reflect well on me!!!
I'm happy being home, life is good. Stephen loves his job, I stay busy with freelance projects and my own creative projects - more on that to come...

No comments: