Tuesday, March 24, 2009

spring break

Since so many of her cousins were out of school last week for spring break, we decided it would be a good time for Stella to get some extended family time. She and Stephen left for Montgomery the previous Wednesday, and I came down for the weekend. They were having so much fun, they stayed the whole next week and I went down again for the weekend - but this time there was no way I was coming home without them! 

They did all kinds of fun things, and Stella learned a lot about being heard in a crowd. She had a ball - I think it was kid heaven. Me, on the other hand - I worked late a lot. I don't like being home without them. 
Whenever they leave town without me I think I'm going to get all these things done - this time I thought I would:
  • build Stephen a dream desk for his home office (and no, I've never built a desk before, I'm just pathologically optimistic)
  • paint a diamond pattern on the dining room walls
  • catch up with friends
  • clean the whole house 
  • work out every day
  • get a pedicure
In reality, I: 
  • uploaded my cd collection to my mac (takes forever!!)
  • completed the transition of what was formerly known as our guest room/tv room/home office into just a guest/tv room
  • did all the laundry
  • organized all kinds of random stuff (that I'm sure will only be noticed by me)
  • saw a couple of friends
  • got two bike rides in
I'm pretty darn thrilled with that. I also got some good time trying to figure out just what this mac can do. Stella is also very interested in it, she put this video together about her adventures:

4 comments:

Becca said...

Awesome video. Love the slide. Wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is sooo cool. It looks like a professional videography from Vh1! She's so freakin' cute!!

Crazy May Days said...

Such a great video...want to come over and make one with all our pictures?

PnAnK said...

I love this! Thank you so much! Sure do miss you guys and think about you all the time. Lots of love from Utah.