Thursday, January 8, 2009

birthday

Too much has happened in the past three weeks. Perhaps you thought we had grown bored and complacent, or overly consumed with arguments about fancy ornaments. The fact remains that the second half of December remains sorely unblogged. Here goes. Bear with me, there is a lot to cover.

We took a cursory pre-holiday break for my birthday. My mom, in town to greet her new grandson, made me the most delicious fancy cake with not uno, dos, or tres, but cuatro leches. Yum. At first I wondered why La Duni (one of my favorite places) would post the recipe to their signature dessert online. But then I read the recipe and realized that it is a low-risk strategy for them as few people would dare attempt it. Brava for my mom, aka Grandma Sugar, who was up for the challenge. It was amazing and we all had fun with the kitchen blowtorch. Stephen gave me a much-needed and still unplanned vacation for my birthday. This will be fun to put together. Any suggestions? I'm thinking someplace warm with beaches.

No comments: