Sunday, December 14, 2008

ornament debacle - my side


THREE years ago (and she's still not over it-see post below), while shopping several weeks before Christmas, Jess and I decided to step into Barneys, just to ogle at the expensive, extremely overpriced merchandise. While there, we checked out their Christmas section. The designer ornaments were ridiculously expensive, ranging from $40-$500 or so. They were, however, very cool, as they were chandelier themed. Very glam, Jessica loves glam. I jokingly said to her, because they were very expensive, "would you like these ornaments for Christmas?", and she, knowing I was joking, said no. End of story, part 1.

Two days before Christmas, I'm shopping alone. Barneys has Christmas merchandise dramatically marked down. I had already bought everything and reached my budget, but knowing these were greatly reduced, I thought she would like them for future use. Fast forward to Christmas morning: she is very upset and overreacts. Granted, I had not considered the fact that we did not have a Christmas tree for the fifth year in a row. But, we are never in town for Christmas and it seems like a waste of money. My big mistake was having them wrapped and give as a gift! If I had just come home and put them on the counter and said "got cool ornaments for cheap" we would not be reliving this agument today. Here is a sample of the ornaments in question.
If loving her is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Happy Holidays--Stephen

No comments: