Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stella spent 10 minutes last night trying to put on one of Stephen's (thankfully clean) socks. Not on her foot, of course. On her head. I don't know what she was trying to accomplish, but she would put it up on her head, almost like she wanted to play peek-a-boo with it, but then realizing her face wasn't covered, just kept trying. I helped her drape it across the top of her head, wondering if that was what she wanted. She paused for a moment, pulled it down and tried again. Tried draping it around her neck, same thing. All I can think of is that she wanted it to be bigger. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.
Here we are at the Mardi Gras parade in Oak Cliff on Sunday. She had a good time but got tired. Later that night she had a fever of 102 - her first real fever. Monday we took her for her first sick doctor visit. She's fine now, just a little virus.
We had a great weekend with my sister Judy and her boyfriend Josh, who came for a visit from SLC. Judy narrowly avoided being named "aunt doody" (kids usually have a hard time with J sounds) when Stella produced a credible "juju". Yay for Juju! We had a great time with them, went to the park and swings and all kinds of stuff I would be able to show pictures of - except that we had left both our cameras at Nana's house. Juju took some good ones, I'm patiently waiting (HINT HINT) for her to email them to me.


No comments: