Wednesday, May 14, 2008

return to the water

Stella is four weeks old today, and I got clearance to start exercising again. yay! It has been really weird during the recovery, I would get winded just walking up the stairs.

So I am clear to walk, do ellipticals, swim and water aerobics. So tonight we went to my Wednesday night water aerobics class. Stephen brought Stella so she could meet all the nice people who helped cheer me on during pregnancy. Then I stayed and did the class. Felt really good to do it, although my body definitely feels different. Definitely more squishy in the middle. I am excited to be able to work out again, I probably need to take it a bit slow, but I am going to work on dropping another 30 pounds. Right now I have lost all the baby weight, so I think I'm in a good position to shrink some more. Metabolism is still all revved up from the pregnancy/nursing, so I'll just have to see how long I can work that.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Good Luck! We just finished finals, so I am also returning to the gym after an absence -- although nothing like having a baby! :o)